I’ve been thinking about reducing the amount of blog post that I do per week. It’s a hard decision to make because I don’t want my blog to appear abandoned but It’s becoming increasingly difficult to produce quality content 3 days a week. I have a lot of ideas for this blog but need more time to work on them. I haven’t made the decision yet but I am seriously considering going from 3 to 2 posts a week.
Going back to this post, I can’t wait for my staycation! I am so burnt out and need time to reflect and get my act together. As amazing as it sounds to stay inside and wear pajamas, watch endless amounts of tv and overindulge in unnecessary food, it wont be long until I want to get something done.
Here is my December task list (some old and new ideas):
- Catch up on my guilty pleasure, CW shows
- The Originals
- Jane the Virgin
- The 100
- Work out
- 4x a week
- Go on a hike at Carkeek Park
- Clean the apartment
- Hang some pictures
- Read some books
- The Fault in our Stars (John Green)
- Psychos (Babe Walker)
- In Defense of Food (Micahel Pollan)
- Do something new, e.g, check out new restaurant or explore an area that I haven’t before
- Bainbridge Island ferry trip
- Visit the new Starbucks Roastery in Capitol Hill
- Hang out with my mom, in-laws, best friend and husband
- Create an editorial calendar for this blog
- See some movies
- Interstellar on the IMAX
- The latest Hunger Games
- Get a massage
Other fun things from this week:
My husband’s birthday was the 15th and his sister made this beautiful German Chocolate cake.
My husband opted for staying in and cooked his own bday dinner using the meal planning site Cook Smarts. If you’re unfamiliar with Cooks Smarts then prepare to be amazed. It’s this great site that provides you with weekly grocery lists and recipes for the week. An added bonus is the awesome videos that teach you the best technique for preparing different foods. My husband does most of the cooking and loves that he no longer has to think about meal planning.
Here’s another delicious meal from this week.