Last week I wrote about my year end goals – work out a minimum of 4 days a week and get 7.5 hours of sleep per night. This week I wanted to share my fitness tips.
- Use a Fitbit to hold yourself accountable and make workouts easy to track. I have the Flex Fitbit and I wear it day and night. You can download the app and use the online dashboard to set goals and see your progress. I’m obsessed and never take mine off!
- Don’t rely solely on a scale; take your measurement to get a more accurate picture of your progress.
- Have the proper gear e.g., good shoes and workout attire (enough for a full week).
- Don’t allow more than two days in between workout, it’s easier to stay motivated if you’re consistent. Stick to a schedule, and pencil it in.
- Plan ahead and don’t workout hungry. Have a light snack an hour or two before to keep your energy levels up and avoid crashing. My go-to snack is an apple with string cheese.
- Create several playlists to keep you moving.
- Join a gym or create a home gym. You want to make exercise as convenient as possible. When we rented a house I purchased an elliptical and canceled my gym membership to better suite my needs.
- Get a workout buddy; this is another way to stay accountable.
- Take a class to keep workouts interesting and your body challenged.
- Try some of the many fitness apps available. I’m currently using the 5K Runner app and love it.
- Workout or go for a walk during your lunch break, I keep an extra pair of shoes in my desk drawer.
- Keep gym clothes in your bag so you can get straight to the gym. When I come home I’m exhausted and the last thing I want to do is work out. I don’t let myself sit down – I change into my workout clothes and head out the door.
What workout tips help you stay motivated?
Maggie Dallospedale says
I really love them
Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary – Fashion blog
Thanks Maggie. I appreciate you stopping by.
i’ve been looking into purchasing a fitbit to help keep me accountable with exercising & maintaining an overall healthier lifestyle. i think i may be purchasing one soon. 🙂 ill def. be downloading the 5k app..thank you for the suggestion. its my goal to run my first one next year.
Hi Nessa. Thanks for stopping by. I think the fitbit and 5K app will help you accomplish your goal. You’re inspiring me to possibly do one myself. Best of luck!