- Serial– This podcast ran from October through December 2014. I didn’t catch this series while it aired, but last month I devoured it within 2 weeks. Any spare moment I had was spent listening; at the gym or cleaning house.
- This nonfiction story takes place in Baltimore, Maryland in 1999. The victim is a young girl named Hae Min Lee. Her 17 year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, is later arrested for her murder and sentenced to life in prison. Sarah Koenig revisits the case while questioning the ruling.
- The Lively Show– After finishing Serial I was eager to find another podcast. The Golden Girl blog recently did a post on inspirational websites. She mentioned Jess Lively and The Lively Show podcast.
- The Lively Show focuses on living life with intention. I’ve only listened to four episodes but have enjoyed them all. I would encourage bloggers to listen to episode #3 where Jessica interviews Liz Schneider from Sequin & Stripes. This episode was very inspiring and honed in on being a entrepreneur while growing your blog.
- Mindy Kaling’s book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) – This was recommended to me by Mil and Jules from South by Northwest. At half way through, I’ve found it to be an easy read and quite hilarious.
- Tazo Refresh Mint Tea – Until recently, I didn’t like mint tea. My mother-in-law left a box of it at our house and I decided to make a cup. I’ve found it to be refreshing and have gone through several boxes. Other teas in my rotation: chamomile, ginger, and Lady Grey (my mom introduced me to that one).
If you have any other podcast or tea recommendations let me know in the comments.
Currently reading “Not that kind of girl” but heard that Mindy’s book is also pretty good and similar in a way. Will give it a go 🙂
Great post 🙂
I have Not That Kind of Girl, but haven’t read it yet. What do you think of it so far?
Thanks so much!
I’m really enjoying it so far but will write a review on my blog once I’m finished and you can check it our 🙂 x
Sounds good. I look forward to reading it.
I recently started watching The Mundy Project and I love it! I’m now intrigued to read her book. For a tea recco, have you ever tried a Milk Oolong? Absolutely delicious. David’s Tea makes one, however most private tea shops will usually have it as well.
I haven’t seen the Mindy Project but I’ve heard it’s great. I have not tried Milk Oolong, I will add it to my list. Thanks for the recommendation.
I’ve heard so many good things about Serial. Guess i should check it out 🙂
I love Mindy kalings book! I love her show so I knew I was going to love her book as well, I was so sad when I finished it haha xx
That’s awesome. I haven’t watched the Mindy Project but maybe I should.
Thank you for this review, I have heard great things about Serial and now I want to check out all of this!
Thanks Heather. Let me know what you think of Serial if you end up checking it out.
Tailored and true says
I need to get on the Serial train! I hear it’s so so good! 🙂
So addicting. It’s a must! 😀
I will definitely be listening to that podcast soon! Great post!
Thanks so much! Let me know your thoughts, if you end up checking it out.
K. / Pure & Complex says
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve heard of Serial but never thought to check it out. I gotta listen one day. Great post.
Kay of Pure & Complex
Definitely check it out if you have time. It’s so addicting! 😀
Thanks so much!
Julia @ South by Northwest says
Checking out the Lively Girl podcast tonight
Oh yay! Let me know what you think.
Don’t get me started on tea! I LOVE THEM ALL
I’m posting about my favorite ones soon so maybe I can help broaden you choices!
I look forward to seeing it.
Amelia Vesper says
Yay! Don’t you just love Mindy? She’s so funny. I’ll have to check out the Lively Show!
She’s hilarious. Do you watch the Mindy Project? I’ve never seen it before.
If you check out The Lively show let me know what you think.
Amelia Vesper says
I haven’t seen it, but multiple people have told me I would like it, so I will eventually check it out 🙂 It just needs to come to Netflix!
Thanks for the info regarding podcast. l am glad you like the tea I gave you, it’s one of my favorites.l will let you know if I find another one.Now have a cup and relax with a good read.
Welcome. Definitely check out the Podcast and let me know what you think.
I’m always up for a good tea. Keep me posted.
Eye See Euphoria says
I heard the book was great.
Eye See Euphoria | http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/eye-adore-avenue-camilla
Definitely a must read! 😀
Serial is so good! Excellent choice! I regularly listen to TAL and RadioLab. Those podcasts get me through Seattle traffic when KEXP or NPR get old. I also am a huge fan of Lady Grey tea. Lately I have been enjoying Loyd’s green tea with honey melon + lemon grass. It is imported and a little pricey but the flavor is lovely. I have been wanting to read Mindy’s book — you’ll have to update when you finish.
I will have to check out TAL, RadioLab, and Loyd’s green tea. Thanks for the recommendations. When I finish reading Mindy’s book, you can borrow my copy.
Pru Yeo says
The mint tea sounds great as a refreshing drink is always welcome! Personally, I like Earl Grey and Rose tea too!
Earl Grey is good too. I haven’t tried Rose tea I will have to look into. Thanks for mentioning.
My roommate loves Mindy Kaling and now you’ve brought her up too so I feel like I should check out her work! 🙂
Definitely give it a go and see what you think.
Th tea sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!!
Feline Creatures says
Great pick on the Tazo mint tea! I love their lemongrass green tea but have been trying this too and I absolutely love it! Oh I’m a big fan of Mindy Kaling and have been wanting to read this book! Thanks for the reminder dear! 🙂 xo~ Lena
I will have to try the lemongrass one. Enjoy the book if you end up checking it out.
Mojisola Obazuaye says
Mindy Kaling all the way. . Thanks for sharing all this goodness Asa.
Much Love , Mojisola
Mindy Kaling is the best person ever! I loved her book and her show too! Do you watch the mindy project? its so funny and a great sitcom.
Have a great day!
MUCH LOVE KAREN
I haven’t seen the Mindy Project but I’ve heard good things. I might have to check it out. Thanks for recommending.
Thanks Mojisola. Glad you enjoyed.
I have Mindy Kaling’s book on my nightstand. It’s fabulous. <3
Mine’s on my nightstand too. 😀