Image Source: Grey Likes Weddings
I have a bad habit of staying up late. Here are some things that help me get to bed at a decent hour and prepare for restful sleep.
- Exercise (a natural sleep remedy) – when I workout regularly I sleep soundly and through the night.
- Take a shower/bath before bed – this helps me relax and feel rejuvenated.
- Drink tea- I like Sleepy Time Tea or any herbal tea with chamomile. After a long day at work a warm cup of tea is just what I need.
- Melatonin – I take one 30 minutes before going to bed. It seems to help me fall asleep quickly and have uninterrupted sleep.
- Read a book- turning off electronic devices 30 minutes before bed helps me decompress and allows my body to recognize that it’s time for sleep.
- Eliminate late night snacking – I try to stop eating heavy food 2 hours before bed. If I go to bed on a full stomach I am restless throughout the night and have wild dreams.
- Be on a schedule – go to bed and get up at the same time every day. This is a good way to train your body to recognize when it’s time for sleep and wake up naturally before the alarm.
What are your nighttime rituals?